When investing in a maintenance system, it’s important to ensure that the preparation of data is as streamlined and easy to process as possible.
Many organisations simply don’t have the necessary internal resources, availability or knowledge base in their maintenance department to complete the critical data preparation process themselves. So if you have plans to invest in a new maintenance system this year, it’s advisable to ensure you have the best support to help you prepare your asset register ready to import data into the new system.
From Real Asset Management’s experience, these are our five top tips when preparing your asset register:
1. Barcodes, tags and scanning of your assets – it’s important to collect all of the relevant details for each item in order to build your asset register.
2. Populate the standing data and workflow – crucially, this must be calculated based upon industry standards such as ISO55000.
3. Data population – organisations cannot afford for regular maintenance work to be incomplete. It is therefore advisable to ensure jobs are recreated consistently and allocated based on type and priority.
4. Carry out a data checks on works history – all data held needs to be accurate, concise and easily tracked. It’s vital that the detail captured is clear for reporting purposes.
5. Map data to your chosen new database – the efficiency of this process will ensure you get the most out of your new maintenance system.
With best practice industry knowledge, a specialist provider can ensure the implementation, configuration and data migration are carried out correctly the first time round, reducing risk and ensuring a working system is in place quickly.
If you would like to know more information about RAM’s maintenance data preparation service, please email email@example.com or give one of our friendly team a call on +44 (0)1689 892 137.